Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sunday

My first Sunday was an impressively social day (by my standards).  I met my dear friend Chrisheilman (also in India on business), and some friends of his for donuts and to see the hotel where a new church is starting.

Later that day I saw some old friends from my Texas days, Richey and Keli, who live in Bangalore now with their 4 children.  We had dinner and then attended a church service.

The service was well-attended, and the people (mostly Indians from the northeast of the country) were extremely friendly.  The service was in English, so I could understand and participate.  The sermon was heart-felt and theologically satisfactory but somewhat rambling.  The music was contemporary - with a guitar and several male and female singers.

No comments:

Post a Comment