Saturday, July 26, 2014

First Days at Work

The work day starts and ends later than in the US.  When I arrive at 9:40 less than 25% of people are in.  When I leave at around 8, probably 25% of people remain.

The cafeteria isn't great, and the bathrooms smell pretty bad, but the rest of the office looks like an office.

One of my first days there we had an Utsav -- a celebration of sorts with food, some trivia (I didn't know any of the Hindi movies)  (I also didn't get the US movies as quickly as they did), and live music.  Talented members of the company would get up and sing, play music, or dance.  I enjoyed it very much.

You can get a lot done when all your normal standing meetings suddenly evaporate.  I've enjoyed meeting the team, and working productively without interruption, and quietly ignoring the US-based cries for help in the hope that my colleagues there will shoulder that load.

No comments:

Post a Comment