Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Environs

The pervasive concrete and dust has proven to be less oppressive than I'd feared:

  • The people, particularly women, wear beautiful, brilliantly-colored clothes
  • If you get up high enough you'll see green, and in apartment complexes there's nice landscaping.

My building is in a sheltered enclave with pools and trees and gardens and grass.  Most nearby buildings are coated with balconies which the residents have decorated with numerous potted plants and festooned with climbing flowers -- the effect is I can look out of my room at an interesting urban garden:



I visited some friends and from their 11th story balcony you can look over the adjacent park and across the city -- pretty nice!

I hear that as recently 5 years ago Bangalore still lived up to its nickname, "the garden city," and that rules are in place ensuring that new construction allocates some amount of room for greenspace to work back toward that glory.

But even now there are creature comforts:

No comments:

Post a Comment